Valmiermuiža Ethnomusic Festival represents contemporary expressions of music, crafts, culinary. 17.–18.06.2022.
Friday, 17.06., Barn Stage:
- Estonian Poetry and Music: Kristiina Ehin, Contra, Silver Sepp, Guntars Godiņš;
- folk music, with sparkles of jazz, hip hop, avantgarde, bluegrass and world “Rahu the Fool”;
- intriguing duo that unconventionally refers to the tradition of polish whispers and folk magic “Mehehe”.
Entry to the Barn Stage free of charge.
Saturday, 18.06., SVIESTS Stage:
- bagpipe and drum music band AUĻI with new summer solstice program,
- KILEMA – the soul of Madagascar,
- Polish trio SUTARI performs their modern interpretations of old songs,
- jew's harp virtuoso, yodeling-overtone singing, bagpiper and multi-instrumentalist ALBIN PAULUS from Austria,
- JUUK is a folk-rock band from Riga – they draw influence from all manners of folk, rock and country to create melodic original compositions with a high emphasis on lyrics and clever wordplay,
- Latvian band ARCANDELA – creative synthesis of academic, jazz and folk music,
Great Fire Sculpture – artist Jordi NN from Spain, Craftsmen Workshops, Workshops for Children, Theatre and Cinema, Exhibitions in Valmiermuiža Park!
Entry to Valmiermuiža Park and concerts at SVIESTS Stage for a fee.
Saturday, 18.06., Barn Stage – Latvian folk music bands “Ududu”, “Laiksne”, “TKP” (Julgī Stalte, Ēriks Zeps and friends) and charismatic yodeler ALBIN PAULUS from Austria.
Homemade grocery and Craftmen Market GARDU MUTI!
Entry to the Barn Stage and market free of charge.
Organizer: Valmiermuižas kultūras biedrība