Let's explore, sense and come together in the first wellness event in Kurzeme region - “PIRTS AND TASTE FESTIVAL 2020”.
Every year Pirts festivals took place in Zemgale and Latgale region and this is the first time we invite you to the sensual journey of Latvian essence to Kurzeme – on August 29, on a stunning Labraga Mežupīte’s beach in Jurkalne.
This event is ideally suited for everyone who feels close to nature an appreciates Latvian traditions, healthy lifestyle and natural wellbeing through various wellness modalities.
Festival program consists of at least 8 lectures and creative workshops for all ages and levels of mastery, 4 pirts master classes in “Glass” Pirts, the annual competition for junior and children Pirts masters, traditional wellness activities for children, and ancient fire ritual with “Skanedieniki” on the coast of Baltic Sea. Fire ritual will be held at sunset and lead by Julge Stalte.
As always, during the festival, there will be an opportunity to meet various Pirts masters, masseurs, wellness specialists, traditional craftsmen and visionaries from near and far an acquire beautifully crafted, unique gifts.
10:00 – FESTIVAL OPENING, Junior Pirts master COMPETITION “FUTURE PIRTS MASTER 2020”, Part I
11:00 - ‘VALUES OF HEALTHY LIFESTYLE IN THE CONTEXT OF NATIONAL TRADITIONS AND PRESENT DAY’, Dr., phyla. Ieva Ančevska
13:00 - ‘DEEP, HOLISTIC DETOXIFICATION USING PLANTS’, Solvita Kūna (biophilia/ medicinal plant researcher and essential oils manufacturer)
15:00 - ‘ENJOYABLE NOT “RIGHT” WAY OF PIRTS USE’, TIPS & TRICKS by Pirts Master and “ Saules Pirts” founder Viesturs Luka-Indāns
17:00 - Junior Pirts Master COMPETITION “FUTURE PIRTS MASTER 2020”, Part II.
19:45 - AWARD CEREMONY
20:00 ‘AN ANCIENT FIRE NIGHT’ FEATURING FOLK GROUP “SKANDINIEKI” (dance, concert and a fire ritual lead by Julgī Stalte)
THE FIREPLACE TRAIL
10:00 - ‘FERMENTED TEA FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY’, Igors Stepanovs, Head of Latvian Pirts and Spa Association
12:00 - ‘EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT SKLANDRAUSI’, Laila Puķīte, hostess form Alsunga
14:00 - ‘NORTHERN AYURVEDA FROM LATVIAN PLANTS FOR HEALTH AND WELLBEING ‘, Traditional herbalist Māra Bergmane
16:00 - ‘WILD HERBS AND WEEDS IN SALAD’, Traditional herbalist Līga Reitere
18:00 - ‘WILD PLANT FLAVORS ON A PLATE’, Vaira Kārkliņa, Head of Pāvilosta Nature Studio
PIRTS MASTERY TRAIL (“GLASS” PIRTS)
10:00 - PIRTS RITUAL WORKSHOP, with Pirts master Aigars Ālītis
12:00 - Children’s pirts master COMPETITION “FAMILY PIRTNIEKS 2020”
14:00 - ‘PIRTS ENERGY FLOW RITHUAL” with pirts master Juris Kraucis
16:00 - ‘PIRTS AND SOUND MASTERCLASS, with pirts master Arvils Andersons and craftsman Guntis Niedoliņš
18:00 - ‘PIRTS AND HUMAN AURA’, with Pirts master Vilnis Beihmanis
CREATIVE PLAY TRAIL
11:00 - ‘HAPPINESS HERBAL MAT’, with Pirts master Māra Tīmane
17:00 - ‘MAKE YOUR OWN SUN CALENDAR’, with Agnija Saprovska
Moderator Evika Muižniece - journalist, the producer of TV NET broadcast series “Latvian Wellbeing Code”.
Entrance fee at the door on the day of an event - donations starting from 5.00 EUR. Entrance fee, if purchased in advance from www.aula.lv - 3.00 EUR, for children up to 13 years of age-free of charge. Pocket money will be useful for your own needs (mealtime, craftsman market and individual wellbeing treatments). During the festival, organizers may record video and audio and photograph without prior notice for publicity and advertising purposes. Festival is alcohol free.
See you in true journey of natural scents, colors and wellbeing!
• Children and young people under the age of 14 should be supervised at all times. Children’s classes on the CREATIVE PLAY TRACK are intended for children under parental supervision or in close cooperation with the parents. Doing things together is so inspiring!
• For your comfort and nature friendly stay at the festival, we recommend that you bring your own rugs, swimwear and weather appropriate clothing as well as your own picnic basket (especially if you are attending the festival with the children).
• Visitors are permitted to bring their friendly pets, which must be supervised at all times (kept at the lead) and cleaned after, increasing the positive emotions of other visitors.
• Event attendees are bound by general guidelines of festival safety and ethics and obliged to comply with organizers advice
• Festival is alcohol free
• Festival attendees are prohibited to photograph, film or recording other members of the public without their prior consent. Operation drones are not permitted.
During the festival, organizers may record video and audio and photograph the public without prior notice and coordination to gather content for publicity and advertising purposes. The obtained data can be published on social media platforms and the internet.
• At the venue of the festival, all national governments' health and safety measures must be followed at all times to ensure your own and fellow festival visitors' safety.
LATVIAN PIRTS AND SPA ASSOCIATION